Pages

Visitor Count

What's Your Fav. Sport?

About Me

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Day three we woke up from the best sleep on camp (in the cabins). For breakfast we had cereal and mince from dinner the night before. After we made lunch we set off in the bus to go caving and on the flying fox.

On the way there we got stuck behind about 100 sheep we had to herd them into a paddock about two kilometers down the bumpy road.
We arrived at a huge field that we had to walk across to get to the cave and the flying fox when we got there we were split into two groups, year 7s and year 8s. I’m a year 8 so I went to the flying fox first it was so scary because I went last and you have to run off a giant cliff to go down it. I started running and suddenly I got lifted up I was flying over a river that was around twenty meters below me. I went down it three times and after that we went back to meet the year 7s and had lunch.

I’m a year 7 so I did the caving first. We put on helmets and torches and headed into the cave. We walked though it for about 30 minutes and we came to a big wall that we had to climb. Once we climbed it we had to squeeze though a small hole on our tummy’s and climb down a little wall. After that we walked for a bit in the cave. We had to stop and turn off our torches and walk in a sort of conga line. There were heaps of glow worms that was really cool. Once we got out we saw the year 8s on the flying fox and I was really excited.

After the caving and the flying fox we headed back to the camping ground and found that the tents were already set up. We picked our tents and settled in.
For dinner we had burgers and then we roasted some marshmallows. After that we got into bed and had an early night’s sleep. But some people heard the possum and found it hard to sleep.

By: Laura-Jane and Sophie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Blog

This is a space for the students of room 10 to write about events that have taken place over the year for their friends, family and community to read and respond to. Please feel free to comment on student responses