Pages

Visitor Count

What's Your Fav. Sport?

About Me

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
It was an exciting day because camp was starting! While the very last stuff was being packed my mind was exploding with questions, alas they couldn’t be answered, time to go.

Waiting at the train station was a very anxious for us, for about forty minutes we were watching trains come and go only near the end we realized we were at the wrong platform!

The train was actually pretty fancy it seemed hi-tech but was just normal. It was Tuesday and a bit cold but I was warm with excitement that soon we would be on camp! I met with C.J. first, talked about stuff then met up with Phill. After some talking and standing round we put the bags in and hopped in the train.

The train on the inside was awesome-ish. It had tables and chairs so when the train started chugging. We started eating stuff, reading and walking all around the train. There were free sugar sachets for coffee. There was even a toilet on the train I was thinking hmmm were does the waste go…

When we arrived we took a long time getting our bags out then got onto a bus. The ride was a long one. On the way over to the camp Griffin, Phill and I wore playing a game, with the cracks in the wind screen. When we got to our destination first we put our bags in one pile. Then we got told what we wore going to do. After that we went in to groups then we had to find a place for our bivvy.

The bike ride was really fun. It was a long and dangerous ride nobody got hurt on the way to the house, where some other guys and I planted some cabbage trees. It was a lot of fun. On the way back we did have an accident I was going too quickly and started going fishy tail then I fell off onto a gravel road I waited a long time (or what felt like it!) for the ambulance to come when they did they took me to hospital. They treated me very nicely the nurses name was Heidi. That night the class slept in their bivvy’s and I got picked up to go home.

By Griffin, Phill and CJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Blog

This is a space for the students of room 10 to write about events that have taken place over the year for their friends, family and community to read and respond to. Please feel free to comment on student responses